Sunday, April 23, 2017

the French presidential election 2017


Well, I hope by now you're aware that today is election day in France.  To win the presidency outright a candidate must get 50% of the votes and this year (as usual) no candidate is expected to get that.  So there will be in all likelihood a runoff election in two weeks between the two top vote getters in this round 1 vote.  Personally, I think runoffs are a great idea.  And, by the way, what you're seeing is pretty much the only permitted election advertising allowed (no TV or radio ads, etc.).  Political fund-raising as Americans know it doesn't really exist here.

3 comments:

  1. I like the no fundraising and no advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Madame Le Pen has a bad day, but we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope HE will win.Macron, that is.

    ReplyDelete