Monday, May 16, 2016

la brocante 2016


The giant annual Amboise brocante (sale of second-hand goods by professionals and amateurs) was held today on the banks of the Loire.  It is a wonderful melange of old furniture, glassware, kitchen items, toys, tools, clothing, pottery, books, music, artwork, food, and so many indescribable treasures and pleasures.  It was a national holiday (the Monday after Pentecost) and the weather cooperated beautifully so the aisles were filled with throngs of families and friends.  I spent half the day there.

6 comments:

  1. I can imagine it would be busy. A neighbourhood close to mine has a massive garage sale later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like time well spent to me! did you get anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I would have been there the WHOLE day! I will send you some photos I took of the Place St. Marc Flea market in Rouen last fall.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be my idea of heaven Stuart.. oh la the treasures! Did you find something fabulous to take home with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be my idea of heaven Stuart.. oh la the treasures! Did you find something fabulous to take home with you?

    ReplyDelete