Thursday, September 1, 2016

CDP Theme Day - library


The first of every month is Theme Day for the bloggers of City Daily Photo, and today the theme is "library".  My subject library was recently installed on the street leading up to Clos Lucé (Leonardo da Vinci's final home).  While it's not the Amboise public library, it is still a genuine lending library nonetheless.  The hand-written description says "My little library. I share my books.  Thanks"  To see how the other worldwide bloggers interpreted today's theme click here.

(By the way, the French word librairie is a bookstore, while bibliothèque is what Anglophones call a library.)

13 comments:

  1. I love this idea but haven't seen any in Blois yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these Little Free Libraries that are popping up all over the world! Thanks for sharing this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stuart, I've missed Amboise through your lens.. what a tres francais take on today's theme, j'adore your petite bibliography 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stuart, I've missed Amboise through your lens.. what a tres francais take on today's theme, j'adore your petite bibliography 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great things to have in a neighbourhood. There are one or two here that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the concept of this sweet lending library. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the concept of this sweet lending library. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are popping up all over our city too! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! The ones in Berlin are a bit bigger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'aime l'idée. L'année dernière j'en ai découvert une à 100m de chez nous à Cherbourg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je l'ai appris de commentaires à ce poste qu'ils sont maintenant omniprésents.

      Delete