Monday, June 24, 2013

Jules Verne museum


Riding through Nantes on the bike tour reminded me of the wonderful Jules Verne museum and "factory" where they create incredible mechanized creatures in the style of Jules Verne.  As promised in an earlier post, this is probably their most well-known creation.  If you enlarge the photo (click on the image and make your browser full-screen), you can see people riding on this enormous elephant as it roams around the museum grounds.  And if that's not enough for you, here's a video of it I found on YouTube (it's not a great video but the best I could find).

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I'd love to see and ride the elephant, but I'll probably enjoy the workshop even more. That should be absolutely fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a wonderful place for all ages to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be interesting to work there, and to design and build such interesting things.

    ReplyDelete