Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Azay-le-Rideau series - wooded grounds


And if I said the grounds are also a quiet place for reflection, would this be your last visit to the blog?

I really like the fact that the château is nestled in the trees.  It’s a bit more modest than some of the other châteaux here, but then again, this was not built as a royal residence.  As you will see there are a number of royal châteaux that show off their grandeur in broad expanses of open spaces and extravagant gardens.  Nevertheless, I found Azay-le-Rideau to be well worth a visit.  

5 comments:

  1. AH,ah...
    Isn't it a wooded sky?
    Sometimes loading photos causes some surprises and I never found the solution on blogger...
    If you find out, I am buying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...it could also be trees in the sky ! I'm not telling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but I'd groan inside (well, I did)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ah...I am still a follower!

    ReplyDelete